Becker's Infection Control and Clinical Quality recently posted and article about the 10 latest healthcare hand hygiene findings. These main findings are summarized below, check out the article for a more in depth analysis!
1. Peer pressure is a more effective method of hand hygiene compliance than cash bonuses.
2. Music is found to increase surgical hand disinfection duration.
3. Text messaging increases hand hygiene compliance rates.
4. Physician compliance improves when the physicians are asked to offer hand sanitizer to the patients before using it themselves.
5. Team building and a positive culture improves hand hygiene compliance.
6. Hand hygiene is imporved when more than one healthcare worker is present in the room.
7. Educational intervention leads to an increase in hand hygiene compliance from 28.9% to 51.4%
8. Auditing and providing feedback results in sustained compliance levels.
9. Boosting hand hygiene compliance from already high rates near 85% to higher than 95% still resulted in a decrease in infections.
10. The military implemented a safety stand down procedure, in which nonessential hospital activities were stopped to discuss action plans to improve hand hygiene. This instantly boosted the hand hygiene compliance rates of all facilities involved!
dermaglove supports increased hand hygiene compliance, and we believe our products' Hand Science and Hand Recovery can play an important role on this never-ending pursuit. Many healthcare workers suffer from dry and chapped hands due to hand hygiene protocol, since alcohol and hand-washing is extremely drying to the skin. Through our invis-0-bond technology, our products have been proven to moisturize the hands by up to 75% in 15 minutes while still sanitizing! The healthcare worker doesn't need to suffer any longer as the solution is here. Try dermaglove today!